Well here I sit, still awake once again. Im back from my New Year's trip to California! It was great! Here's how it went...
Well, I was supposed to take Pete to work the first day I was there, but needless to say I was too tired to even move let alone drive and try and remember where on base our hotel was! lol so poor Pete had to drive himself to work on only two hours of sleep, and then come back. At least he only had a half day! *Thank God!* And then I remember waking up to him coming in the door in his desert cammies! What a sight for sore eyes Let me tell you! *woohooo!! what a cutie!* Man am I glad he's mine!
We watched alot of tv and spent lots of time just lounging around together.
Decided to go grocery shopping. Alot cheaper than going out to eat all the time. So we got to go grocery shopping together! Who could image that could be so fun! And I sure did get alot of food and save alot of money shopping at the Commisary! What a bonus! And to think! I'll soon enough get to do that all the time! *Score!*
So the night we went grocery shopping we had a nice dinner. We got one of those pre-cooked chickens which was SUPER good! And then I made some corn and mashed potatoes and gravy! And I didnt ruin them! This is a good thing! lol I guess I can be a good cook when i wanna be!
Then there was one night we lost power for a while. That was kinda fun too lol.
There was two sand storms out there....didnt know they could be that bad! :( So we pretty much stayed in those days! So it was alright!
We decided that we're going to wait and get married once he gets back from Iraq. Not right away, but once he gets all settled back into civilization once again and gets comfortable. Then we can make our parents happy with the BIG wedding too! (Oh who am I kidding, me and Pete want the big wedding too! If youre going to do it, do it right! Right? lol)
Otherwise we spent lots of time together and we took lots of naps and slept in quite a bit! And since we had cable in the room, I made him watch Spongebob Squarepants with me! lol And praise God the man likes cartoons! lol I just love him more and more Im telling you!!! :)
Oh yes! And we both had surprises for each other! Mine was a personalized tank top that I had made *for him*. I wore it, but it's a white tank top, and in glittery blue writing is says "The Future Mrs. *******" (His last name is on a need to know basis, and basically, only I need to know lol) And his surprise for me was that he picked up our Marine Corps Ball Pictures! Oh they are SO cute! Ill put one on here as soon as he emails me the pic! I promise! :)
But the reason that I'm still awake is that I heard on the news that there were two marines killed and two wounded in California. The were in an LAV, towing an empty LAV when one of them flipped off the guardrail. I really dont think that anyone hurt was him, considering the two that were killed were 20 and 22 years old. So sad, so young. But I dont know anything about the two that were wounded. If anyone knows anything, PLEASE let me know! Im freaking out a little bit here! All I know is that they were leaving Twentynine Palms, and they were on their way to Mirmar I believe. So if anyone knows anything about the two killed and the two injured, PLEASE let me know. Id like to know also so I can tell him in case they were any of his devils. He's going to be so bummed out....he's off doing some training right now, so I did send him a text message letting him know what happened in case he didnt know already, but I dont know when he's going to get it. So any information would be great! If you read this, and you know more, please email me at JennyJoE798@aol.com! Thank you SO much!
I think its time for me to get some sleep now! If Pete find outs how late I was up for he'd kick my butt!! lol Gnite/ morning everyone! Take care and God Bless!!
~Jen

No comments:
Post a Comment