Friday, February 13, 2009

My Sweet, old kitty, Sammy died today...


My mom called me around 7:30am EST, my time, to tell me that my little Sammy passed away in her sleep this morning. I am just so sad...I keep thinking about her and I cry.


Now some of you that may read this, if anyone reads this might think, "It's just a cat....get on with your life." Of course, I will get on with my life, but this 18-year-old cat was like my little sister. When you're an only child, and your pets are all you have, they do become family. Some people will know what I'm talking about. My heart is just broken, I'm really going to miss my baby Sammy.


My mom asked me if I thought if animals went to heaven...and I said, "They have to...the world would be a miserable place without them, how could they not go to heaven?" And, "She was such a sweet, angelic cat, how could she not?" Such a sweet sweet kitty.


Mom is having her cremated, just like we've done with the rest of our pets....I'm just going to miss her so much. There will never be another cat as incredible as she was. I'd give anything to wake up in the morning and have her curled up around my head purring... or on my chest...such a sweet, sweet girl....


18 years is a long time for a kitty to be around for, and I will miss her for the rest of my life. She left little kitty-shaped footprings on my heart. I will see her again someday...

No comments: