Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Geeze, not again...

Great. So my son, since he's been teething (he now has 2 'toothers' on the bottom front now) doesn't like to nap in his crib anymore. He went through a spell of this around the three month/ four month marker, and it drives me NUTS! He will ONLY sleep in his swing yet again. I have to admit though, I haven't tried putting on the vacuum again by his bedroom door, my husband said that worked before for him, but I dunno. I don't even know where the hell the vacuum is right now. I think it's downstairs at the moment, I'll have to lug that thing up here if I need to try it out later on. Which reminds me, I need to vacuum the downstairs before I bring it up here....lol....

So also, we're getting ready to move. March 11th Pete has his appointment with TMO, they'll come in and assess the living situation to see how much shit we really do have. Which is a lot more than we did to begin with, having a baby and all makes you aquire lots more shit! lol....and then I will continue making my lists of what we need to take with us, and what we don't. And making my videos/pictures of our electronic equipment in working order, so that way if they screw it up I have proof that it did in fact work, and they'll have to replace it if they break it. I will be taking pictures of my expensive/valuble/irreplacable items as well. Better to be safe than screwed if you ask me!

I just can't wait to get it over with. I look forward to no more super long and stupid hours, no more duty, no more being treated like shit for shit pay, and most of all no more DEPLOYMENTS!!!! If it was just him and I, not a problem, but with a child thrown in the mix. I don't want my child to ever be without a daddy, be it 6 months or the rest of our lives. (Morbidly speaking...it could happen.) Being naive has never been one of my strong suits. ;) And the thing of it is, you know, we get free health care, and lots of perks and such, but honestly, at what cost? Nothing we get is free-no matter what people may think. It comes at a huge cost. The possibility of one losing one's life for their country. Which is a pretty high stake if you ask me. My husband did his time...which is more than most people can say....and he wants to go home. That's good enough for me. I asked him too if I just told him to "go ahead and re-enlist" would he? And he said, "No...I don't want to ever leave you and my son behind...not now, not ever. I could never forgive myself for missing out on any part of his life...be it for 6 months or for the rest of his life. I just can't do it."

With that being said...it's his choice to leave. Sure I had a part in it, and our son had a huge part in it. But can you blame him? Sure people do it every day....but he's deployed now twice to Iraq. I think he's done his duty. We're ready to go home, put down our roots, and stay forever. Be with our friends and family, and never regret the way we decided to do things.

We're just ready for the next chapter to start....we're ready to start writing in it now! :)

And I hate moving...I would rather do my own dental work than move....ugh....

No comments: