Friday, February 20, 2009

The Next Chapter in Our Life...

...Is about to start. Today Pete got his orders to go home. He is officially being discharged out of the Navy. I'm happy, and so is he, but at the same time I'm scared...

I suppose a huge part of it is because of the economy...It's nice to have the guaranteed job and paycheck...but we both weren't willing of the costs. He would have been guaranteed another deployment, maybe on a ship, but more than likely with another Marine Unit once again, but this time more than likely to Afghanistan. He's been to Iraq twice...and he came to the conclusion that he couldn't handle the possibility of missing out on at least 6 months of his son's life, if not more. We know people do this every day...and we know those that are doing this right now that are close and dear to us, but in the end, it was his decision and he just couldn't do it. I support him of course, no matter what. And I'm glad for the fact that I'll never have to say goodbye again. I know, and remember all too well how painful it was to watch him walk away, knowing I wasn't going to hold him again for 7 months. The homecoming made it all worth it....but that's all a memory...and hopefully we won't have to say goodbye again. Not for a long long time anyway. There's always the possibility of him being reactivated...but I Pray that doesn't happen. We shall see though....we shall see.

No comments: