Sunday, February 15, 2009

RIP Uncle Eugene "Chub" Daudt...

So my grampa Billy's brother passed away the other morning. He went into a coma the night before, and just passed on in his sleep. I thought I would be much more sad than I am, but I'm okay. I am happy that he's not in pain anymore, and not suffering. And I know that Chub and my grampa liked to spend time together when they were both alive, so I envision my grampa waiting at Heaven's gate, grinning at my uncle saying, "Well I'll be damned, YOU of all people showed up! Let's go fishing!" lol....

Uncle Chub had lung cancer, and was diagnosed not all that long ago. But he did decline any kind of treatments to include radiation...which was his personal choice. I'm happy that he's in a much better place. I will miss him so much, but I'm happy he's reunited with my grampa now, and he's not hurting.

I know I'll see him again someday...RIP Uncle Chub...I love you!

No comments: